1Where do you get your chocolate?Through our direct relationship with Guittard, they work directly with cocoa growers to ensure that all of their beans are fairly traded and fully traceable to farms committed to sustainable and fair farming practices. We prohibit human trafficking and slave labor in our operations and our company standards require compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We expect our suppliers to comply with these same company standards, and to monitor their suppliers for compliance with these laws and regulations. If you’d like more information, send us a message and I’d be happy to send along more specifics regarding our supply chain compliance processes.
2What is a Marcona Almond?It is considered the “Queen of Almonds” imported from Spain. Long used in Spanish cuisine, Marcona almonds are now gaining popularity among Americans. They have an enjoyable flavor, different from that of common almonds, and a smooth, delicate texture. Marcona almonds contain the same excellent health benefits as all almonds, including cholesterol-lowering monounsaturated fats.
3What about Salt, what types of salts do you use and why?We ONLY USE International Sea Salt.
Salt can be a controversial subject for those who are taking care of our health. It gets a bad rap most of the time. Doctors tell us to avoid it, and some of us listen. However, what those doctors usually don’t mention is that there is a big difference between regular old table salt and sea salt.
But before looking more closely at salt, it’s important to understand why salt is a necessary part of our diet.
Salt provides sodium, which is necessary for life.
- It helps with muscle contraction and expansion, nerve stimulation, the proper functioning of the adrenals, and other biological processes, as well.
- Salt also provides chloride, which helps produce acids necessary to digest protein and enzymes for carbohydrate digestion, and is necessary for proper brain functioning and growth.
- Salt contains magnesium, which is important for producing enzymes, nerve transmission, bone formation, forming tooth enamel, and resistance to heart disease, and it also contains many other trace minerals. Babies and children are in special need of salt for their developing brains.
Excessive salt can certainly cause health problems, but it’s important to realize that we need salt in our diets. Some people need more than others and some need less, but we all need it.
4Regular table salt and sea salt – what’s the difference?
For starters, table salt is highly refined.
- It goes through a process that removes the magnesium and trace minerals.
- In order to keep the salt dried out, various additives are included, such as aluminum compounds.
- The natural iodine is also destroyed during the refining process, so it is usually added back in the form of potassium iodide.
- Dextrose is added as a stabilizer, which affects the color, and so a bleaching agent is used to finish it off.
In contrast, a good quality sea salt is sun dried. It will still contain microscopic amounts of sea life, which provides natural iodine. It will be gray in color and even slightly moist. This means there is a large mineral content. I really like Celtic sea salt. Red sea salt from the shores of Hawaii is another great option.
Sea salt has a much stronger flavor than table salt, so you don’t need to use as much. The kind I use is pretty coarse, so I put it in a salt grinder. This is not the same as a pepper grinder – a pepper grinder has steel blades for hard peppercorns, while a salt grinder has ceramic blades that resist salt’s naturally corrosive properties. I dry the salt out very gently in my toaster oven on low before putting it in the salt grinder, so that it will pass easily through the blades.
If you are going to purchase canned or processed foods, look for those without added salt. Unless the item is organic, it usually won’t contain sea salt, but rather the highly refined form of salt – and often in very large quantities. You can always salt the food yourself with sea salt; it will taste better and be better for you.
10 Key Health Benefits of Celtic Sea Salt
Natural salt is the element that helps to regulate water content in the body. The balance of water and salt in the body is critical.
Another key reason why natural salt is so important is because our bodies need trace elements for proper function. These elements are usually not found in food or nutritional supplements in a form that the body can utilize.
In general, natural sea salt helps to balance the entire body. Some of the more pronounced benefits include the following:
- Regulates heartbeat and blood pressure. Even though refined salt can cause high blood pressure, natural salt with adequate water intake can help to stabilize irregular heartbeats and normalize blood pressure. In other words, if you have low blood pressure, taking Celtic sea salt can help to raise it. If you have high blood pressure, it can help to lower it
- Eliminates mucus buildup. Not only does this salt help to eliminate existing mucus buildup, but it will help to prevent it. This benefit makes it very helpful for people with allergies, asthma, sinus issues, or bronchial congestion.
- Improves brain function. Sea salt is vital to the health of nerve cells and their ability to communicate and process information. This salt also helps to extract excess acidity and toxins from brain cells.
- Balances blood sugars. Celtic sea salt is especially helpful for diabetics because it helps to balance blood sugars.
- Alkalizes the body. Excess acidity in the body is an underlying cause of many diseases. Salt is vital to the removal of excess acid wastes from the cells. In addition, mineral rich salt will help to maintain the optimal acid-alkaline balance.
- Provides electrolyte balance. Natural Celtic salt will help keep the electrolyte minerals in your body balanced, releasing excess sodium and water. For problems with water retention, gradual sea salt intake can help to release excess water stored in body tissue.
- Builds immunity. Regular intake of natural sea salt and its highly absorptive minerals can give you a higher resistance to illness, infections, and disease. It can also help your body to heal faster after an injury or surgery.
- Promotes restful sleep. The abundance of trace minerals in natural sea salt will have a calming effect on the entire nervous system. In addition, the proper ratio of water and salt consumption can help to prevent the need to urinate during the night.
Prevents muscle cramps. Muscle cramps are often caused by an electrolyte imbalance, especially a lack of sodium. Celtic sea salt provides these minerals in the correct proportion. Your body will take what it needs and get rid of the rest, as long as you
1Are your chocolates kosher?Yes, all of our chocolates are kosher.
2Are there any additives or preservatives in Guittard chocolates?No, pure chocolate needs no additives or preservatives, so we do not use any.
3Do your chocolate products contain nuts?While our facility is peanut-free, almonds, macadamia and pepitas are used in some chocolate products made at Ariel Pierre Chocolate
4Are your chocolates made in a peanut-free environment?Yes, Ariel Pierre Chocolate Company is peanut-free.
5Are your chocolate products gluten-free?Our solid products and our processing are gluten free.
1What is the shelf-life of your chocolate products?The shelf life of chocolates depends on the conditions under which they are stored. The usual shelf life of milk chocolates is nine to twelve months. The shelf life of dark chocolates is generally twelve to eighteen months. For best results, store chocolates in a place that is dry, 68ºF and free of any other odors.
2What is the proper way to store chocolate?Chocolate is best stored at cool room temperatures (60-70°F), well wrapped to keep moisture out, and away from highly scented foods or aromatic products that might be absorbed by the chocolate. Chocolate is a stable product that does not require refrigeration. Ideally, it should not be refrigerated as this will change the appearance of the chocolate. Specifically, the condensation that forms when it is taken from the refrigerator will cause sugar bloom on the chocolate’s surface.
*Shipping charges include special boxes and ice packs in order to maintain the proper temperature during shipping.